9.01.2011

a few good dips

This post is long overdue.

When we moved last spring, we received this really thoughtful housewarming gift from my college roommate of four years (!) and her family.

It consists of some terrific recipes, but the true beauty of it rests with what you can't see in this photograph. There is a pocket in the back that contains tiny slips of paper that list a bunch of terrific dips that we went to college with (I won't name names). The recipe book has been on my mind lately because I've been thinking a lot about my roommate and her family, because our fifteen-year reunion is on the horizon, and because Mr. Beeton and I have gone to two parties in the past week where we've had to bring something (and dip is what we brought... nevermind that we had to leave both parties early because it was Baby Beeton's bedtime and he let everyone know it). In my new mom frenzy, I fell back on a tried and true dip - taco dip. But, like my roommate who I always considered one of the most fearless people I've ever met (even if I didn't ever tell her), I should have been more daring and branched out. After all, I was promised I'd impress at least a couple of people.

Tried and True Taco Dip
  • Mix half a container of cream cheese with half a container of sour cream.
  • Add taco seasoning.
  • Transfer to a flat casserole pan or other fancy dip dish.
  • Top with salsa, grated cheese, shredded lettuce, and tiny tomatoes.
Keep sweeping, Martha

1 comment:

JJ said...

YES!!! Blog fame at last. I'm telling you, the bean and salsa dip takes 3 minutes, tops. Try it!