7.13.2009

third time

Mr. Beeton and I just got back from our vacation in Ocean City, New Jersey where we spent a lot of time jumping waves and flying kites with Baby M. Though we missed out on the skeeball and tilt-a-whirl, we managed to pack in all our other favorite things about the Jersey shore. And, I'm happy to say that when we returned our garden hadn't wilted nearly as much as I had thought it might, thanks, in part, to The Chemist.

Returning to D.C., though, was a bit of a jolt. I promised Mr. Beeton that I'd go food shopping for the week since he was going to be busy on campus preparing to teach a three-week long science summer camp. I felt as though I couldn't function when I hit the aisles. I was at a loss for how to shop. Eating out for a week straight made me forget all my homekeeping skills!

Yesterday morning, though, I cooked myself a delicious breakfast, finally mastering the art of the soft boiled egg. It took me three tries, but the final one came out perfect. Six minutes. Not too soft, not too hard. I mushed it up in a coffee mug, salted it, and enjoyed. 

Keep sweeping, Martha

Watched Confessions of a Shopaholic. Finished reading Untangling My Chopsticks by Victoria Abbott Riccardi, Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark, and Plenty by Alisa Smith and J.B. Mackinnon. 

No comments: