10.06.2011

100 days of...

Yesterday, at the Takoma Mamas group, one of the group members brought all these amazingly beautiful and yummy treats (I had this little puff ball thingy that melted in my mouth and exploded with the most delicious flavor) to celebrate her baby's 100 day birthday. In Korea, she explained, the 100 day celebration is incredibly important because it means that the baby has overcome some of the most difficult, early day obstacles and should be on the road to good health and happiness! On the day of the celebration, the family is to share with as many people as possible these special treats. The more people who eat; the more good fortune for the child.

It made me curious as to when Baby Beeton's 100 day celebration would be. Turns out it would have been on September 7th, if I calculated correctly, Grammy and Papa Beeton's wedding anniversary! What a coincidence. I have to say that can only mean good fortune.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Finished reading Little Children by Tom Perrotta (I do not recommend reading this book if you have just had a child or are in any way experiencing any kind of marital strife at the time of reading. Of course, it you don't have a degree in Women's Studies or a penchant for Patrick Wilson-types, you'll be fine.)

2 comments:

JK said...

I think Little Children was made into a movie a few years ago.

Martha Beeton said...

It definitely was! Apparently, it's the movie that the child actor from the Bad News Bears made his comeback in. I haven't watched it yet, though.