7.21.2009

summer buggin'

I've got some kind of weird summertime bug. It's causing me aches, chills, nausea, headache, swollen glands, and some kind of weird, burning rash-type thing in my mouth. It's bizarre. I went to the dentist today, thinking I had something lodged in my gums which was causing everything else, but he said it's a virus. Tomorrow, I'll get a second opinion. I need some sleep and some relief from the throbbing in my mouth.

On the bright side, it looks like it may have been squirrels and not deer responsible for our tomato pillaging. Okay, that's not particularly good either. Especially when the culprits are now running around in the space between our ceiling and our roof. Apparently, they've evicted the birds who are much quieter and claimed the space as their own. Calls to our management company have gone unanswered. 

My sickness means that I haven't been able to post a recipe for lemonade that I made up the other day - in part, because I still need to pick up some ingredients to finish it off. It's half-finished right now in the fridge, and it combines a part of the white sangria recipe I posted about earlier and Paula Deen's recipe for homemade lemonade. If and when it gets done, I'll share.

For now, I need to rinse with salt water. That will cure anything.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Watched Grey Gardens (HBO) and Bride Wars.

No comments: