11.30.2008

the lady and sons

I've been debating on what aspect of our Thanksgiving holiday to report on.  Seeing Four Christmases (four stars)? Karaoke-ing with the sister and her romantic poet? Lots and lots of shopping? Martha Stewart Jr.'s fabulous feast - complete with apple pie from her family's orchard? Then, I read Lilita's most recent blog on From Frank to Frivolous (http://franklyfrivolous.blogspot.com), and I knew I had to blog about Paula Dean. 

In part, it's because I had a really vivid dream about Savannah.  More specifically, I had gotten a job offer at the Savannah College of Art and Design - a school that two of our very close friends from graduate school currently work at.  Not only did a visit there for a conference presentation shortly before Mr. Beeton and I were married (and had a wonderful time, I might add... almost eating at Paula Dean's restaurant and shopping at one of the few Marc Jacobs stores on the East Coast), but we also visited those same friends on a day trip to Savannah during our weeklong honeymoon in Jekyll Island, Georgia. 

It's also because, last night, Mr. Beeton's mother was cooking a pumpkin dessert which she got from Paula Dean.  It was gooey and delicious.  Then, when I read through Lilita's site to catch up on her antics from this past week; she, too, mentioned making a pumpkin dessert by Ms. Dean.  

So, I've linked to the two recipes below.  The first was made by my mother-in-law; the second by Lilita.  I've yet to make either, but I have tasted one and can vouch for its deliciousness.  To me, it's the perfect dessert to make when you want all that is Thanksgiving to last just a little bit longer.



Keep sweeping, Martha

No comments: