8.19.2011

going public

Mr. Beeton wisely informed me that in linking to my sister-in-law's blog in my last post that my anonymity would no longer be in tact. You may have probably guessed from reading this blog that my name isn't Martha Beeton (in fact, that's a nom de plume I came up with from two of my idols - Martha Stewart and Mrs. Beeton of the book of household management), my husband's name isn't Mr., my dog's name isn't Ella (shortened from Nigella, another domestic goddess), and my new baby's name isn't Baby. I suppose when I started this blog I was afraid of getting dooced, but then I quickly realized that aside from my occasional complaint about having too many papers to read I haven't really written anything controversial enough to get me fired from my job at The First President University. And, now that Baby Beeton is here and we're taking pictures left and right, I want to be able to post them without linking to my Flickr account. Like this one here...


Isn't it cute?

It's from our 48-hour stay in Ocean City, New Jersey where we spent some time visiting with my mom, dad, Auntie M, her Lord Boyfriend, my brother, his wife, and their darling Little M. We also got to see my Uncle T though, sadly, we missed visiting with my cousins from Maine because one of the kids had a bit of the stomach flu (we didn't think Baby Beeton could handle those germs right now). Though we didn't get to the beach (except to snap this shot), we did get to walk the boardwalk and pick up some salt water taffy from Shrivers.

Another highlight of our visit was Little M's love of Baby Beeton. You see, Little M is expecting a brother in September - for now nicknamed Baby Puddin' - so she was pleased as punch to be able to have a temporary little brother all to herself. She helped Baby Beeton take a bath; she read him stories; and she sweetly asked, "May I pat Baby Beeton on the head?" and "May I tickle Baby Beeton?" She's going to be a great big sister, and she's going to love her little brother just like I loved her dad - my little brother - when he was born. I hope they have as much fun playing pretend as we did (cue the Monkees soundtrack here).

Keep sweeping, Martha


No comments: