4.15.2009

the incredible edible

When I was little, my Nana would make soft-boiled eggs over toast. I loved those eggs... in part because they were delicious - salty and gooey - and in part because they were a favorite of my cousin, Jill, who I wanted to be just like. In fact, before long, they became known as Jill's eggs. Only this weekend, when I was home for Easter, did I remember to ask my mom what they were really called so that I could try to reproduce them on my own. I found a recipe online, but I'm not sure that it will produce eggs exactly like my Nana made. But, it's worth the try. 

Watched Easter Parade and Inside Man.

P.S. - I survived my solo trip to New Orleans. Enjoyed walking around the French market and almost buying a Chanel purse at Saks. Sad to report, though, that I didn't venture out for any local food. I stuck with room service instead.



No comments: