4.01.2009

fuji


For some people, a robin marks the first sign of spring. Others go strictly by the calendar or the weather. This year, I'm judging by the farmers market.

Finally, after a long winter, the farmers market at Foggy Bottom opened. I'd been waiting all winter for this Wednesday delight. I was so eager that I arrived at 2 pm before they even opened (official start time was 2:30 pm). Beets, apples, tiny tomatoes, radishes, and apricot jam! I walked away with a bag full of delicious food. And, when I arrived home, I treated myself to a bagel with butter, apricot jam, and goat cheese. Mmmmm. 

This weekend, the cherry blossom festival will mark the start of spring for those of us living in DC. Mr. Beeton and I are hoping to get down for the street festival on Saturday.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Been watching Big Love.

2 comments:

don said...

A sure sign of warmer days when the public markets open. Your selection of goodies sounds very good.

Martha Beeton said...

Thanks for stopping by, Don. Spring in DC is certainly tasting good.