3.01.2009

g. peterson

Last night, Mr. Beeton and I headed up the street to the best pizza joint in D.C. - 2Amys. Mr. Beeton was on edge because I was taking my sweet time getting ready. You see, 2 Amy's gets really, really crowded on the weekend, and he was hungry and didn't want to wait in line. But, I was using the power of positive thinking... and I didn't want to be rushed. I was trying to find the perfect outfit to wear. 

We arrived a little after 7 pm, and the wait was an hour. Mr. Beeton was not pleased, but I love 2Amys. I knew the wait would be worth it. Plus, there was no way we were waiting an hour. I bet 30 minutes at most. Sure enough. I was right. We hung out right by the door while others in front of us went to hang out at the bar. When a prime table opened right in front of the window, I knew that for speed's sake the hostess was going to seat us there. We were easy to find, in close proximity. I was right.

Our dinner was delicious and so was the bottle of wine that we split (Librandi, yum). We had appetizers - eggplant and ricotta and salmon and goat cheese crostini. We followed it up with a delicious salad, which we split, and two pizzas - the Norcia and the Puttanesca. Mr. Beeton wanted to order caramel ice cream for dessert, but they had run out. Our waiter recommended the pineapple ice cream instead; I didn't believe it would be good, but he assured me I'd like it. It was delicious. And, he didn't even charge us for our dessert. What a night!

Of course, Mr. Beeton thought we got comp'd because I was declaring I was Gordon Peterson's daughter.  Gordon is a local news anchor who we saw the last time we were at 2Amys, so I had suggested that I pretend to be his daughter so that we get seated quicker. Once that happened and we got free dessert, Mr. Beeton was certain that someone overheard me. Sometimes, I guess, it pays to pretend.

Keep sweeping, Martha

No comments: