2.26.2009

homemade lives

Life has been busy in Washington lately. Last week, I was working my way through a stack of student papers. For my colleagues, this is an unpleasant task; for me, it almost seems insurmountable - in part because I just take too darn long to read and comment. I need to sit with the egg timer and be more disciplined. That way, I can clear out some time for activities that are much more enjoyable like cooking or reading.

On Friday, when I finally handed the papers back amidst groans and a few tears, I arrived home to find a copy of Molly Wizenberg's A Homemade Life. For those of you who don't know (shame on you), Molly is the author of Orangette, a premier food blog. Like many bloggers, she's written a book. I had pre-ordered it, and it was waiting for me when I arrived home after that extremely long week. It's been sustaining me ever since, and I'm anxious to try some of the recipes which range from ginger cake to bread stuffed with chocolate. It's a great read, and I'm sure, when I'm finished, I'll be hungry for more.

Keep sweeping, Martha

No comments: