1.14.2009

it's not a good thing

Yesterday, I was supposed to receive a free Oral B electric toothbrush from Martha. Instead, I was reprimanding a student for using his Blackberry in class. 

As you know Mr. Beeton had gotten two tickets to see Martha Stewart's show, but, as luck would have it, we were scheduled to attend on the first day of the spring semester. I thought it wouldn't matter. I'd get someone to cover. Professors skip out on class all the time for less worthy reasons. But the guilt got to me. And so, we wrote Martha and told her that we would not be able to make it.

Mr. Beeton and I both worried that we'd not only miss out on Martha but on one of her celebrity guests - though our number one pick - Jennifer Garner - would definitely not be there since she delivered her baby. But, Peter Arnell was, and he's just as great. I tried to find a clip on YouTube to post, but apparently, he hasn't reached a popular audience as of yet.

Keep sweeping (even when others are texting), Martha

No comments: