1.26.2009

home cooking

After our gluttonous, inaugural week of eating out, Mr. Beeton and I have finally gotten back to the basics - home cooking. We food shopped yesterday afternoon after a quick trip to the Newseum (college freshmen in tow), and when we got home, I baked a loaf of banana bread from The Martha Stewart Cookbook: Collected Recipes for Everyday. I'm too lazy to type up the recipe now (too much reading this morning!), but thankfully, the bloggers at The Sisters Cafe did. So, you can find it there. Generally, the recipes in this cookbook are very, very complicated, sometimes calling for lavender sugar and other strange ingredients that we just don't have on hand. But this one is rather simple and produces the best banana bread I've ever eaten (I think it's the sour cream). It's the recipe that convinced me that maybe, just maybe, I could be a good cook. And, this week, it's the one that's gotten us back to better eating.

Keep sweeping, Martha

No comments: