1.01.2015

but a whimper


I wish I could say I ended 2014 with some excitement, but the energy level around here lately hasn't been conducive to merriment. I'm feeling positive about 2015, though, making resolutions at Bridget Jones's breakneck speed. Though my time - right now - would be better served working on my reappointment materials (which are almost - miraculously - done), I am going to follow in the footsteps of my truly inspirational undergraduates this semester and binge watch Vanderpump Rules. Forgive me.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Finished reading Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer and Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. Watched Gone Girl (!!!) and Girls: Season Three.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Three of your four media references have the word "Girl" in them! Are you sure you're not a women's studies professor? I read the Lena Dunham book last month too and laughed so hard. I am loving that entire genre of female comedian memoirs--hoping to dig into Amy Poehler's next.

Martha Beeton said...

Oh my gosh! Too funny... I didn't notice. What a theme! I should have added that I love Girl Interrupted!

PS - Please read Belzhar and tell me what you think. I know you are a Plath fan.