5.01.2012

tuesdays with

Tuesdays have always held a special place in my heart. My love of Tuesdays started in graduate school when Tuesday night would bring yoga, a trip to a special coffee shop on Main Street to order a latte from one of the two baristas I had a crush on, and end with Gilmore Girls. Then, Tuesdays became about quizzo with a rag tag team of Delawareans. When I moved to D.C., I tried to keep my Tuesdays special, which was easy. In a city this big, you can always find a Tuesday evening yoga class, and without discerning taste, you can usually find a Tuesday night television show to obsess over.

Today feels like one of those Tuesdays. Maybe it's because I got a full six hours sleep last night (thank you, Mr. Beeton!). Maybe it's because I've finally had a significant breakthrough on this book project. Maybe it's because it's May, filled with birthdays and my first Mother's Day. Maybe it's because we have reservations to go to Mintwood for baked Alaska. Maybe it's because I found the perfect birthday gift for Baby Beeton (thank you Young House Love!). Maybe it's because the sun is shining. Maybe it's because I've got bookclub tonight. I'm not exactly sure what it is that's given me this feeling, but I know I want to hold onto it.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Finished reading Richard Russo's Straight Man.

1 comment:

Vaiden said...

I'd like to hear more about these baristas...