12.16.2008

it's a good thing

Consistently, soap operas have been my comfort television. On a bad day, a rainy day, or really just any day at all, I'll turn to All My Children, One Life To Live, and General Hospital for comfort. They remind me of my childhood, sitting, after a long day at school with my mom and sister, eating cookies and milk.

Lately, though, when I get home from a bad day, I turn to my Tivo-ed episodes of Martha. I can't get enough of that show - for many, many reasons. Especially lately. Such great ideas for Christmas. Feather-trees. Christmas cocktails. Joel McHale. They make me feel good. Like life really is about sugar cookies and pull toys.

And yesterday, the ultimate surprise! Mr. Beeton got an email from the show. He's got two tickets to see a live taping! I almost fainted. I can't think of a better way to kick off the spring semester - even if it does mean missing the first day of class. Shh. Don't tell.

Keep sweeping, Martha

Saturday, July 18, 2009 update - We never did attend that taping. Guilt won out over fantastic fish recpies.

No comments: