11.25.2008

breather

I'm taking a little breather right now from the chaos that is my living room. Actually, it's research paper chaos - spread out all over the floor of our apartment. I'm working my way through a pile of source packets, checking to make sure that my students did, in fact, copy all the sources that they cited from directly or paraphrased from in their research projects. And, I'm making piles - good, less than good, and ugly. The ugly ones will be there to greet them when they return from the Thanksgiving holiday. Sorry kids.

My break from this mess involves cleaning and packing. We're headed to Pennsylvania for the premier domestic holiday - Thanksgiving. We'll be going to my aunt's in Wyomissing, PA to celebrate, which will be good. My mother hates to cook, and she doesn't like others in her kitchen... so my aunt's house seems like the best place to be. After all, we do call her Martha Stewart Jr., so there will be all kinds of yum waiting for us.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. For now, I need to make some progress. Back to my piles.

Enjoy the holiday and keep sweeping, Martha

No comments: